- IAEA says needs extra funding to monitor Iran deal
- Canada expands bans against Russia
- Israel must accept Hamas truce terms: Iran cmdr.
- Zarif warns intl. bodies not to further damage their own image
- ‘Iran’s humanitarian package to Gaza awaiting Egyptian cooperation’
- President advises Israel to stop war, remove Gaza blockade
- Turkey to drag Israel to int’l court over Gaza: Erdogan
- 52 UK Catholic priests defrocked over abuse: Watchdog
- Israel perpetrating genocide in Gaza: Iran FM
- HRW urges Kiev, pro-Russians to stop using unguided rockets
There have been over 1,000 complaints of New York City police misconduct in recent years regarding officers’ use of chokeholds, a city agency that is investigating the incidents said days after a man put into hold by police died in Staten Island.
Empires are not easy to sustain given the multiple enemies that they provoke: at the international level: imperial rivals and emerging new powers, at the national level: national resistance movements, unreliable clients and untrustworthy ‘Sepoy’ armies, and at the local level: boycotts, sabotage and strikes.
Just recently, the US Department of Justice quietly announced that it would not launch a criminal investigation following the revelation in March that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had spied on the staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee.