- News Magazine No 289: October 25, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Spain’s gov’t squeezes society to pay debts: Analyst
- Italians protest at PM’s austerity moves, labor reforms
- Egyptians protest against government crackdown
- Fresh clashes erupt between army and militants in northern Lebanon
- Iranian woman Reyhaneh Jabbari hanged over murder
- At least one dead in car bomb attack in Somali capital: Police
- Saudi activists set to defy no-women driving law
- UN chief spotlights obligation to end Ebola epidemic
- Ukrainian voters to go to polls on Sunday
The still weak US job market could hurt Democrats just weeks before voters cast their ballots in November’s midterm Congressional elections, as millions remain unemployed amid sluggish economic growth.
Three people were killed and two more were injured after a mid-air collision between a small helicopter and a single-engine plane near Frederick Municipal Airport in Maryland.