- 7 killed, over 50 injured in Mexico children's hospital explosion
- Zarif congratulates Afghan counterpart on appointment
- 16 killed, 39 injured in Afghanistan bombing
- EU ministers to discuss further sanctions on Russia: Kiev
- Castro warns US against meddling in Cuba’s affairs
- Iran, EU3 end first round of nuclear talks in Istanbul
- West facilitating rights abuses in some cases: HRW
- 15 killed in Afghanistan Taliban attacks
- Up to 100 Ukraine forces killed: Luhansk official
- News Magazine No 385: January 29, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
US President Barack Obama will unveil his fiscal 2016 budget proposal, reversing many of the cuts instituted in 2013 and requesting the largest base military budget in American history.
The delusional character of Obama’s State of the Union address—presenting an America of rising living standards and a booming economy, capped by his declaration that the “shadow of crisis has passed”—is perhaps matched only in its presentation by the media and supporters of the Democratic Party.
The US Senate Intelligence Committee has released a drastically redacted summary of its voluminous report on the CIA’s torture program during the George W. Bush administration.