- Iran chose not to shoot down intruding US plane: Cmdr.
- Macedonia builds fence on Greek border
- France denies entry to nearly 1,000 refugees since Paris attacks
- Syrian army gaining ground against ISIL east of Aleppo Province
- Navy plans to build more advanced destroyers: Admiral Sayyari
- Armed men attack UN peacekeeping base in northern Mali, kill three
- Afghan official survives deadly bomb attack in Kabul
- US says Russia did not inform it of downed jet plan
- Gunmen shoot dead top Kurdish lawyer in southeast Turkey
- Gunmen kill 4 Egyptian security personnel south of Cairo
The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is determined to end its reliance on Russian technology for space travel, paying billions of dollars to Boeing and SpaceX to come up with an alternative to Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft.