- Iranian MPs urge Islamic Ummah to stop Israeli crimes against humanity in Gaza
- Death toll from Israeli attacks on Gaza hits 604
- Egypt tightens grip on border with Gaza amid rising casualties
- News Magazine No 131: July 22, 2014 - Subcontinent,15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Iranian FM hopes for reaching final deal with powers before new deadline
- Rouhani: Iran ready to help Myanmar to improve Muslims’ conditions
- Zarif cautions west of limited chance for striking final deal
- Rouhani calls for collective efforts, unison to resolve global problems
- Envoy: Army's victories, political gains anger Syria’s enemies
- Iranian Speaker: World powers should respect Syrian people's vote
There have been over 1,000 complaints of New York City police misconduct in recent years regarding officers’ use of chokeholds, a city agency that is investigating the incidents said days after a man put into hold by police died in Staten Island.
Empires are not easy to sustain given the multiple enemies that they provoke: at the international level: imperial rivals and emerging new powers, at the national level: national resistance movements, unreliable clients and untrustworthy ‘Sepoy’ armies, and at the local level: boycotts, sabotage and strikes.
Just recently, the US Department of Justice quietly announced that it would not launch a criminal investigation following the revelation in March that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had spied on the staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee.