- Hezbollah hails release of abducted Syrian nuns
- Egypt stresses peaceful resolving of Syrian crisis
- Larijani on failure of big powers plots in the region
- Afkham terms Zionist regime claims as pre-engineered scenarios
- Iran denies Lockerbie bombing claims
- ‘Progress at Arak nuclear plant 87%’
- ‘Iran’s presence in open seas not just a military build-up’
- S Korea firms to be allowed Iran trade
- Yanukovych raps US backing ‘bandits’
- ‘Palestinian martyred after Israeli fire’
Following is an interview by English Radio correspondent Morteza Jabbari with Tighe Barry—co-director of Code Pink in the US about the chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee Robert Menendez still pushing a bill for more anti-Iran sanctions, despite objections from the White House and foreign policy experts.
From our point of view, it is absolutely bizarre that the same country that violates the sovereignty of other states worldwide with drone strikes, military interventions and political subversion can actually suggest to the Russians that it runs the risk of being a “pariah” state.
It is a strange world.The meanings of manywords have changed totally. When the words human rights are heard, what come to the mind are the interests of a handful of insatiable powerful and oppressive regimes in the world.