- 24 militants killed during Afghan army operations
- Scores of ISIL terrorists killed in Syria's Deir Ezzur
- Three million Syrian kids missing school because of war: Report
- Sanctions make Iranians hate US more: Iran FM
- US, EU sanctions violate international law: Putin
- 90% of Gazans live below poverty line, 95% of water undrinkable
- News Magazine No 247: September 18, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- 90% support Scots independence: Press TV poll
- Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Striking French pilots defy prime minister call
Fresh figures show that India’s crude oil imports from Iran have increased by nearly 50 percent in January-August compared with the same period in 2013.
The City-based Animal Care Trust has rescued 26 young birds from trees that were cut for widening of NH-66 near Kundapura in Udupi district.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.