- One killed, another wounded in shooting near Texas Southern University
- Afghan forces kill 175 Taliban militants in clean-up operations
- Cholera infections in Iraq climb to more than 1,300
- Yemeni forces target Saudi spy drone in NW Yemen
- Tehran’s Friday Prayer Sermons
- Russia says attacks in Syria leave 300 terrorists dead
- First refugees relocated to Sweden under EU plan
- Europe should not take orders from US on Russia ties: Juncker
- Two Guineans die in pre-election tension in Conakry
- No request for NATO forces in Turkey: Ankara
China treats Sri Lanka as an important country in South Asia and will provide every support for the development of the island nation, a visiting Chinese minister has said.
Sri Lanka Tourism must focus on Asian Tourism as arrivals from Asia amounted to 45.3% of the total reaching 595,583 arrivals while the contribution from Europe dropped to 39% as at end September 2015, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau Chairman Dr. Rohantha Athukorala said.
The recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to the country has projected Sri Lanka's economy to grow 5 to 5.5 percent this year and the inflation to rise to 3 percent by the end of the year.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …