- Houthis hold gathering on Yemen’s crisis
- Too much focus on Kobani: Erdogan
- Firefighters in England go on strike
- UK’s schools watchdog needs overhaul
- Ex-York archbishop quits over abuse
- ‘Spain abusing power on Catalonia vote’
- FM spokeswoman lambastes desecration of Al-Aqsa Mosque
- ‘US believes in conclusion of nuclear talks within set deadline’
- Iraqi Kurd Peshmerga forces enter Kobani
- Tunisia announces election results
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.