- Rouhani sees global surge for Iran trade
- Russia aerial attacks against terrorists fruitful: Syria deputy FM
- Explosions rock Turkey capital, kill 30
- Turkish journalist detained over tweets critical of Erdogan
- Leader’s message on the occasion of Iranian commander’s martyrdom
- ‘Wrong time’ for long-awaited Russia-Japan peace treaty talks: US
- UN approves EU plan to use military force against migrant traffickers
- German opposition says 50,000 to demonstrate against EU-US trade deal Saturday
- 52 school shootings so far this year leave 30 dead, 53 injured
- EU exporter of terrorism to crisis-hit countries: Mogherini
China treats Sri Lanka as an important country in South Asia and will provide every support for the development of the island nation, a visiting Chinese minister has said.
Sri Lanka Tourism must focus on Asian Tourism as arrivals from Asia amounted to 45.3% of the total reaching 595,583 arrivals while the contribution from Europe dropped to 39% as at end September 2015, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau Chairman Dr. Rohantha Athukorala said.
The recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to the country has projected Sri Lanka's economy to grow 5 to 5.5 percent this year and the inflation to rise to 3 percent by the end of the year.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …