- Iran’s president declares days of mourning for Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani
- Iran’s Shot Putter Amini seizes gold in Asian Para Games
- Iran condemns bomb attacks in Iraq
- Four Afghan soldiers killed in blast
- South Sudan warring sides ink deal
- Georgia to host NATO’s training center
- Over 300 forces killed in Eastern Ukraine conflict in August
- Chairman of Iran’s Assembly of Experts passes away
- New report shows Turkey-ISIL links
- Syria army continues Aleppo advances
Nepal was wrapping up rescue operations in its northern mountains on Monday, saying all the hikers believed to be stranded on a trekking route by a series of blizzards and avalanches that left dozens of others dead have been rescued and are safe.
The country’s overall rice production is unlikely to slip below the level of 100 million tonnes this year despite some impact on the kharif crop in few states due to rains following ‘Hudhud’ cyclone, a top government official said.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.