- Lufthansa pilots to hold strike on long-haul flights
- News Magazine No 284: October 20, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Sanctions won't change Russia's Ukraine policy: Lavrov
- US anti-ISIL measures to yield no result: IRGC commander
- Iran ready to coop. with UN in fighting terrorism: Official
- Turkey refuses to reveal name of suspect in death of Press TV reporter
- 2 Japanese ministers quit over scandals
- New Indonesian president sworn in
- Egyptian students launch week-long demos
- 4 civilians killed E Ukraine clashes
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa has charged that the recent decisions taken by the European Union are a result of the attempts by the opposition parties to oust him.
An avalanche in the Himalayas has swept away a mountaineering team attempting to summit the world`s fourteenth-highest peak, killing two Europeans and injuring another climber, a Nepalese official said Saturday.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.