- Iran's Navy commander meets Chinese defense minister
- Bahrainis hold fresh anti-regime demo
- Iran ready to assist Qatar with 2022 World Cup: VP
- ‘Some US allies want Iran talks to fail’
- Terrorists kidnap 60 females in Nigeria
- Environmentalists slam EU climate deal
- Spain students protest cuts, education reforms
- Mexican governor resigns over missing students
- Turkey to allow 200 Iraqi Kurds to enter Kobani
- Separatists in southern Yemen vow to escalate protests
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.