- Iranian, European officials to discuss Syria’s crisis in Brussels
- Doctors spot deadly MERS virus again on former patient in S. Korea
- Taliban threatens attacks on 2 Afghan TV networks
- New explosion hits chemical warehouse in major Chinese port city
- Iran’s Majlis approves JCPOA’s motion
- Kosovo’s police clash with activists over MP arrest
- Russia calls on 'interested' parties to join anti-terror information center
- Refugees file suit again Berlin’s registration center
- UK’s universities to employ Syrian academic refugees
- “Corbyn to demand Privy Council membership”
Sri Lanka Tourism must focus on Asian Tourism as arrivals from Asia amounted to 45.3% of the total reaching 595,583 arrivals while the contribution from Europe dropped to 39% as at end September 2015, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau Chairman Dr. Rohantha Athukorala said.
The recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to the country has projected Sri Lanka's economy to grow 5 to 5.5 percent this year and the inflation to rise to 3 percent by the end of the year.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …