- Saudi activists set to defy no-women driving law
- UN chief spotlights obligation to end Ebola epidemic
- Ukrainian voters to go to polls on Sunday
- 16 killed in Chinese coalmine collapse
- Iran eyes 32mb oil storage
- French ex-premier: Iran's interests should be safeguarded in talks
- Bahrain elections have no value: Shia cleric
- Jordan inerested in expansion of economic ties with Iran
- US to blame if nuclear talks fail to bear fruit: Iran MP
- Iraqi Kurds to send forces to Kobani next week
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.