- News Magazine No 517: August 02, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Syrian army, Hezbollah lay tight siege on terrorists in Zabadani
- Dozens of militants killed in Lattakia
- Church of England condemns David Cameron for rhetoric on migrants
- Saudi defense minister threatens to occupy Kuwait
- President Rouhani felicitates Iranian archers on world championship
- More clashes at Al-Aqsa Mosque
- Record 300,000 asylum seekers registered in Germany in 2015: Report
- Saudi Arabia keeps pounding areas in Yemen
- Islamic Jihad demands stronger resistance against Israel
A landslide triggered by heavy monsoon rains has claimed the lives of at least 20 people in northeastern India bordering Myanmar, police say.
Officers of the Moneragala Excise Unit have raided a huge cannabis cultivation in a forest reserve in Moneragala area.
Sri Lanka's trade deficit widened substantially by 49.7 percent to US$ 703 million in May from US$ 470 million a year earlier, according to the Central Bank data released in its External Sector Performance Review Wednesday.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …