- Hong Kong affairs China’s domestic affairs: Beijing
- ISIL terrorists capture two districts in Iraq’s Nineveh Province
- Terrorists waging war against humanity: President Rouhani
- Israeli regime’s ambitions for Gaza just mirage: Rafsanjani
- Iran resolute in fight against Takfiri-Zionist current: Dehqan
- Amnesty accuses Ukraine warring sides of violence
- Russia to continue backing Iraqi, Syrian governments: Lavrov
- Bombing leaves 7 Egyptian troopers dead in Sinai
- Iraq bomb attacks kill 33 in Baghdad, Karbala
- US arms airdrops not enough to defeat ISIL in Kobani: Kurds
Nepal was wrapping up rescue operations in its northern mountains on Monday, saying all the hikers believed to be stranded on a trekking route by a series of blizzards and avalanches that left dozens of others dead have been rescued and are safe.
The country’s overall rice production is unlikely to slip below the level of 100 million tonnes this year despite some impact on the kharif crop in few states due to rains following ‘Hudhud’ cyclone, a top government official said.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.