- ‘Final nuclear deal possible to achieve in six months’
- Majlis speaker departs for Minsk
- ‘Missiles no matter of talks’
- Iran Police stresses security on border areas
- Army active in cultural domains
- Enemy plots doomed to fail, as ever
- Syria refugees inflow concerns Lebanon
- Zionists injure 30 Palestinians in Aqsa
- Venezuela gov’t, opp. resume talks
- Afghan president slams deadly US strike
Sri Lanka's water buffaloes, the ancient symbol of agriculture are facing extinction due to slaughter and lack of pastures, according to agricultural organizations.
The Sri Lankan economy has seen robust annual growth at 6.4 percent over the course of 2003 to 2012 and last year recorded a 7.3 percent growth.