- UNSC resolution authorizes military force on human smugglers
- Afghan pres. picks team to probe US hospital bombing in Kunduz
- 17 people killed in gas explosion at China restaurant
- 100 Taliban militants slain in south Afghanistan strikes: Officials
- Mafia state in Turkey behind blasts: HDP leader
- Army kills 125 Takfiri terrorists in western Syria
- Two killed in protests in Iraq’s Kurdistan
- Saudi air raids on Yemen leave 12 Somalis dead
- Eight killed in terror attacks across Iraqi capital
- Japan traders back in Iran with a vengeance
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif says his administration is attempting to revive the so-called peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban militant group.
Sri Lanka Tourism must focus on Asian Tourism as arrivals from Asia amounted to 45.3% of the total reaching 595,583 arrivals while the contribution from Europe dropped to 39% as at end September 2015, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau Chairman Dr. Rohantha Athukorala said.
The recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to the country has projected Sri Lanka's economy to grow 5 to 5.5 percent this year and the inflation to rise to 3 percent by the end of the year.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …