- Palestinian youth attains martyrdom
- Hezbollah steps up security arrangements on verge of Ashura
- First US military death in anti-ISIL battle confirmed
- UNESCO’s official visits Kashan historical sites
- Minister: Coalition against Takfiri groups to face failure
- Putin emphasizes negotiated solution to Iran nuclear issue
- ‘Foreign companies keen to invest in Iran’
- ‘Zionists benefit from undermining Egypt community’
- Saudi Shiites protest senior cleric’s death sentence
- Egypt president declares state of emergency in Sinai
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.