- Minsk once again hosts talks on Ukraine peace
- Bomb attacks kill 5 policemen in Afghanistan
- DR Congo forces begin offensive against Hutu rebels
- Kurds battle ISIL near Kobani, capture village
- ISIL terrorists seize oil facility in northern Iraq
- Bahrain: Ruling regime strips 72 activists of citizenship
- Yemen's Hadi says won’t reconsider resignation
- Iran ready to help anti-Boko Haram campaign: Deputy FM
- Iran must strengthen foothold in West Bank: IRGC commander
- Iran planning gas exports to Persian Gulf
Sri Lanka on Friday appointed Justice K Sripavan, an ethnic-Tamil, its new Chief Justice, days after his predecessor Mohan Peiris was asked to resign following an uproar in the parliament over allegations he tried to help the former president retain power illegally.
China has offered to lift its strategic partnership with India to a “higher level,” and prompted New Delhi to avoid a “zero-sum trap” that was being set up by Washington and its allies.
A latest report prepared by the provincial government vis-à-vis the drought situation in Thar shows that 311 children under five years of age have died between December, 2013 and November this year, it emerged on Sunday.