- 21 Asian countries initiate new China-backed bank
- 824,000 displaced by Ukraine crisis: UNHCR
- Israeli soldiers, Palestinians clash in East al-Quds
- Saudi Arabia to pay heavy price if Nimr executed: Iran cleric
- Iran calls for collective efforts to fight terrorism
- Putin: West shooting in its own foot by sponsoring extremist movements
- Experts talks in Vienna "explicit, useful"
- IRGC deputy commander: US role plummeting as regional player
- Lebanese Army arrests ISIL senior figure, kills three gunmen
- Jailed Bangladeshi political leader dies
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.