- Sexual crimes hike in UK rail system
- Hollande says France recently armed Syria Takfiris
- Iran July oil delivery to China up 40%
- Russian aid convoy begins moving into Ukraine
- Indonesia police fire tear gas at protesters
- Interpol urges international effort against militancy in ME
- News Magazine No 191: August 21, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Tehran, Nairobi confer on relations
- Envoy calls for Iran's further cooperation in treating Afghan patients
- Red Cross, Red Crescent urge protection of aid workers
Pakistan’s parliament has passed a resolution barring Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif from resigning while opposition demonstrators seek his fall.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.