- Egypt arrests 79 Brotherhood members in 24 hours
- Iran denies sourcing Russian airliners
- Greece bailout talks held on higher level
- Israeli settlers torch Palestinian homes, burn baby to death
- World’s strongest Paralympian Rahman breaks his own record
- OPEC says able to accommodate Iran return
- Leadership succession exposes rift in Taliban ranks
- Surfer seriously injured in Australia shark attack
- China, Russia to hold joint military drills in Sea of Japan
- Chad parliament mulling anti-terrorism bill
Unidentified gunmen have killed a person and injured 12 others in an attack at an election campaign rally in Sri Lanka ahead of the upcoming parliamentary elections in the South Asian country.
Officers of the Moneragala Excise Unit have raided a huge cannabis cultivation in a forest reserve in Moneragala area.
Sri Lanka's trade deficit widened substantially by 49.7 percent to US$ 703 million in May from US$ 470 million a year earlier, according to the Central Bank data released in its External Sector Performance Review Wednesday.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …