- Zarif, Kerry, Ashton to meet in Oman
- ‘Iran ready to export high-tech products to Russia’
- Syria raps UN approach to terror fight
- Yemeni tribes set ultimatum for Hadi
- ‘Over 4,000 killed in Ukraine violence’
- Ayatullah Sistani urges Iraq govt. to help Sunni tribes against ISIL
- Bahrain courts issue 3,500 years of jail terms in 3 months
- Gazans protest against Israel’s closure of al-Aqsa Mosque
- Clashes in eastern Ukraine kill one civilian
- News Magazine No 295: October 31, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.