- Tunisian envoy abducted in Libya’s Tripoli
- Thousands of Palestinians mark Prisoners Day in West Bank, Gaza
- Japan makes two more crude oil payments to Iran: Report
- Kiev taking Ukraine toward abyss: Putin
- Putin implies the Russian military may intervene
- S Sudan renewed hostilities gravely concern UN mission
- US priest convicted of 3 counts of sodomy
- “About 5,000 Palestinians still in Zionist regime jails”
- Iran crude sales double in five months: Official
- Iran complying with interim nuclear accord: IAEA
Sri Lanka's water buffaloes, the ancient symbol of agriculture are facing extinction due to slaughter and lack of pastures, according to agricultural organizations.
The Sri Lankan economy has seen robust annual growth at 6.4 percent over the course of 2003 to 2012 and last year recorded a 7.3 percent growth.