- Israeli regime forces demolish Palestinian homes in East al-Quds
- Separate attacks kill 2 women, injure policemen in Egypt's Sinai
- Neutrino 'flip' wins physics Nobel Prize
- Citing 'overreaction', Sanders apologizes to Palestinian activists
- US general calls Afghan hospital airstrike mistake
- MSF reiterates attack on Kunduz clinic was war crime
- Ban ‘shocked’ by UN ex-official bribery case
- Clinton: Russian help needed for Syria no-fly zone
- Skulls, bones found under Afghan presidential palace
- Bomb goes off near mosque in Yemen's Sana'a, seven martyred
Sri Lanka's tourist arrivals rose 35.9 percent in September this year compared to the same period last year, the data released by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) showed.
The recent International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to the country has projected Sri Lanka's economy to grow 5 to 5.5 percent this year and the inflation to rise to 3 percent by the end of the year.
Over 70 per cent of the glacier volume in the Mount Everest region in the Himalayas could be lost in 85 years if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise, a new paper suggests. It also indicates more flood risk in the future in the Kosi river downstream from Nepal to …