- Leader extols Iranian athletes’ performance in Asian Para Games
- ‘US-Israel relations at crisis point’
- 1st Peshmerga group to head for Kobani
- Lebanon begins major Tripoli operation
- Turkish soldiers killed in Kurdish town
- ‘Iran to emerge winner in nuclear talks with 5+1 group’
- Fierce clashes resume in Syria’s Kobani
- 6 soldiers killed in north of Lebanon fighting
- IMF warns Persian Gulf states of budget deficit
- Clashes erupt in South Korea’s border town
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.