- ‘Westerners should look Iran's N-issue realistically’
- Solana positive on Iran nuclear talks
- Date set to elect Lebanon president
- Tunisians protest reduced sentences
- Ukraine talks kick off in Geneva
- Iran stresses ties with African states
- Iran's India oil sale up 43% in Q1 2014
- Syrians hold massive pro-govt. rallies
- Jordan warplanes hit militant vehicles
- Iraqi govt. compound attacked, 5 killed
Sri Lanka's water buffaloes, the ancient symbol of agriculture are facing extinction due to slaughter and lack of pastures, according to agricultural organizations.
The Sri Lankan economy has seen robust annual growth at 6.4 percent over the course of 2003 to 2012 and last year recorded a 7.3 percent growth.