- Zarif: Outlook on Afghanistan should change
- At least 8 dead, 34 injured in Nigeria bombing: rescue workers
- Eurozone inflation up, unemployment steady
- Russia to resume gas supplies ‘48 hours after Ukraine repays 1st debt’
- Burkina Faso's army seizes power after violent protest against president
- World Bank pledges new finance for efforts to fight against Ebola
- Iran’s Rouhani congratulates Brazil’s Rousseff on her re-election
- ‘Iran must be part of Syria solution’
- Opposition raps Sinai residents’ evacuation
- UN chief raps fresh violence in South Sudan
Every year around 60-70 persons are killed as a result of human-elephant conflict and about 250 elephants die due to various reasons, the Wildlife Resources Conservation Minister Gamini Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa said in parliament.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.