- India, China sign 12 trade agreements
- Pound hits two-year high against euro on Scotland results
- Airlines suspend flights to Yemen capital due to violence
- Iran holds bilateral N-talks with Russia, US in New York
- 1000s of Syrians attempt to escape to Turkey amid ISIL attacks
- Libya army chief declares state of emergency
- Bahraini human rights activist released on bail
- Iran plays constructive role in Mideast, says UN chief
- 5 UN peacekeepers killed by roadside bomb in Mali
- Assange says 'Google works like NSA'
Fresh figures show that India’s crude oil imports from Iran have increased by nearly 50 percent in January-August compared with the same period in 2013.
The City-based Animal Care Trust has rescued 26 young birds from trees that were cut for widening of NH-66 near Kundapura in Udupi district.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.