- Moscow says EU sanctions will lead to higher energy prices
- Gazans left without electricity after Israel hits power plant
- Rights group denounces rebel abuses in Colombia
- Kerry begins India visit aiming to reboot ties
- HSBC closes some Muslim groups accounts in UK
- Landslide kills 10, traps 200 in western India
- French, British nationals evacuated from Libya
- Iranˈs parliamentary delegation to visit Mexico
- Iran urges NAM to bring Israel to justice for war crimes
- News Magazine No 147: July 30, 2014 - Subcontinent,15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
Pro-Palestinian protesters have clashed with Indian security forces in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir during a rally in condemnation of Israeli regime’s relentless military strikes against Palestinians in the besieged Gaza Strip.
India continues to battle poverty, child and maternal deaths, according to a United Nations report on the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) that said while several key global targets have been met, more sustained effort is needed to cover disparities by the 2015 deadline.
Sri Lanka's tourist arrivals rose by 14.3 percent in June this year compared to the same period in 2013, the data released by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) showed.