- Maoist ambush kills 18 in India
- Riot police, protesters clash in Turkey
- Nominee for NSA chief defends US spying programs
- US financial aid to Ukraine illegal: Russia
- Venezuela protests death toll climbs to 21
- US war games message for Russia: WH
- Chile's Bachelet sworn in as president
- New Zionist regime law targets minorities
- Iran woman fingerprinted, ‘aggressively’ frisked in US
- Russia welcomes Crimea independence vote as lawful
Millions of Persian-speaking people around the world are preparing to celebrate the Persian New Year by holding traditional Nowruz festivities.
Kiarostami is to preside over the jury panel comprised of world renowned filmmakers including Daniela Thomas from Brazil, Noémie Lvovsky from France, Joachim Trier from Norway and Mahamat Saleh Haroun from Chad.
10,000 physicians, in cooperation with the Red Crescent, voluntarily provided medical services to the locals in the deprived and remote regions of Iran during the 10-day dawn (February 1-11), Red Crescent volunteers chief Farahnaz Rafe said on Saturday.