- At least 51 killed as plane crashes in Taiwan
- Train collision kills one, injures dozens in S Korea
- Group of Iran MPs to travel to Gaza soon: Lawmaker
- Russia vows to give adequate response to NATO expansion
- US-led airstrike kills four in Afghanistan’s Helmand Province
- Iran repeats call on Egypt to reopen Rafah border crossing
- Iran gas exports to Iraq to start in 2015: Iranian official
- Iran, 5+1 Group to resume nuclear talks in September: Tehran
- Russia faces influx of refugees from Ukraine
- News Magazine No 133: July 23, 2014 - Subcontinent,15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
Iranian drama Melbourne directed by Nima Javidi has been selected to open Critics’ Week section of the 71st Venice International Film Festival in Italy.
A number of Iranian children have garnered awards at the 9th edition of Homeland International Painting Contest in Belarus.
A number of Iranian publishers and literary associations are slated to participate in the 66th edition of Frankfurt International Book Fair in Germany.
Iran’s anti-narcotic police forces in the southern province of Bushehr have managed to seize 1,500 kilograms of illicit drugs over the past four months, a provincial police chief announced on Monday.
Previously, we spoke of the role of language in cultural developments; and briefly studied Farsi language, its terms, and structure. We also reminded that throughout the reign of Sassanid dynasty and initial centuries of the Islamic era, Pahlavi language was the official language of Iran.