Chogan (Persian for Polo) is a team sport played on horseback in which the objective is to score goals against an opposing team by driving a small white plastic or wooden ball into the opposing team's goal using a long-handled mallet. Chogan was first played in Iran at dates given from the 4th century in Persian Emperor Shapur II of the Sassanid dynasty era. From Persia, in medieval times, polo spread to other countries and it is now played around the world.
- Russia, China warn against US missile system deployment in South Korea
- Ex-Oklahoma senator sentenced to 37 months for fraud
- US military turned into family business
- Kerry calls for end to conflicts in Syria and Yemen
- US asks UN Security Council to meet over Iran’s missiles
- Violence erupts as Trump fans clash with protesters in Chicago
- US to send troops to Iraq’s frontlines
- Row over UK tabloid claim that 'Queen backs Brexit'
- Police clash with protesters in Istanbul
- Erdogan threatens top court over freed journalists
Thursday, 04 September 2014 02:47
Chogan finalists compete in Tehran for top position
View the embedded image gallery online at: