According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Over 100 detained refugees on hunger strike in US
- Israeli regime troops injure 82 more Palestinians in W Bank, Gaza
- Iran’s biggest oil investment event opens
- 'Turkey should be kicked out of NATO for its stance on Syria conflict'
- Iran: Next round of talks on Syria to start within 2-3 weeks
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Kabul suicide attack
- UK may be prosecuted over missiles used by Saudis in Yemen war
- US presses Turkey to deploy troops to Syria border
- Eight corpses found with throats slit in southern Mexico
- Amnesty slams Turkey for expelling dozens of Syrian refugees
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.