According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Syrian army jet crash kills over 30 people in Idlib Province
- Palestinians save Israeli officer from stone-throwing settlers
- Yemeni forces repel Hadi supporters' attack on airbase in Lahij
- Lavrov voices support for independent Palestinian state
- US playing with ISIL pawn: Iran’s Majlis speaker
- 'Iran’s missile defense systems never switch off'
- Afghan security forces foil terror attacks on Kabul
- East Ukraine clashes leave 4 Kiev soldiers dead
- Takfiri terrorists kill over dozen Iraqi women in Mosul
- Erdogan claims Putin may stop supporting Assad
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.