According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- News Magazine No 582: October 06, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Clashes disrupting delivery of food to Kunduz: Afghan officials
- Govt.'s budget cuts to reduce more police posts
- Saudi aggression on Yemen constitutes war crime: Iran
- Syrian army's elite forces seize new areas in Deir Ezzur
- Deputy FM calls on Saudis to account for Mina incident
- Over 20 ISIL militants killed in Iraqi airstrikes in Anbar Province
- Ukraine parliament votes to legalizes foreign mercenaries
- Syrian army, Hezbollah storm militants in Quneitra, kill dozens, retake Tal-Ahmar
- Israeli forces shoot Lebanese TV reporter in face with stun grenade
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.