According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Larijani lambasts US for starting terrorism in region
- Powerful Iran beat US to stand atop Group D
- Yemeni president dismisses cabinet amid crisis
- Attack on Egyptian security forces leaves 11 dead
- Iraqi army frees four ISIL-controlled villages in Salahuddin
- Iran, Iraq planning to establish joint bank
- Fifteen more Ukrainian soldiers killed, 49 wounded in past 24 hours
- Lavrov: Kiev's plans to seek NATO membership undermine peace initiatives
- President Rouhani urges development of scientific, economic ties with world states
- News Magazine No 215: September 02, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.