According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Iran Medical Council ready to dispatch teams to Gaza
- FM spokeswoman urges reopening of Rafah border point
- Huge attack on Iraq prisoner convoy kills at least 60: police
- Iran's Foreign Ministry urges world Muslims to support Palestinian Resistance Movement
- US to send military advisers to Ukraine
- Boeing to provide Iran Air with plane parts: Report
- News Magazine No 134: July 24, 2014 - Voice of Justice, 03:23 UTC to 04:23 UTC
- US Senators seek Congress veto power on Iran nuclear deal
- China conducts third test of anti-missile defence
- New Zealand minister offers to resign after evading airport security
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.