According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Abdullah voices support for Kabul's closer ties with Tehran
- Iran condoles with Congo on train crash
- ‘Pakistan to pursue fate of Iran guard’
- Iran ambassador hopeful on Iran-5+1G talks
- Explosion on Iranian pilgrim convoy in Iraq
- ‘Iran, Armenia share common views on major issues’
- US straining Iran nuclear deal: Russia
- India to pay Iran $1.65 bn for oil imports
- Syria denies use of chemical arms
- 40 militants surrender to Syrian army
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.