According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Iran urges UN to pursue issue of diplomats abducted in Lebanon
- Iran 'PMD' probe may be completed in 2015: IAEA chief
- Iran condemns new Boko Haram terrorist attacks in Nigeria
- Germany urges US to clarify spying reports
- West’s economic sanctions unable to split Russian society: Putin
- S. Korea Health Ministry confirms new MERS case
- US deals China with Cold War mentality: Chinese spokeswoman
- French soldier charged with child abuse in Burkina Faso
- Boko Haram kill 200 people in Nigeria in two days
- Two civilians killed as hundreds hold pro-Morsi rally in Egypt
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.