According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Zarif due in Baghdad on Sunday
- Hamas fired 100s of rockets at Occupied Territories
- Yemeni govt. bows to Houthis' demands
- ‘Iran missile capability non-negotiable’
- Iraq intelligence HQ blast kills 11
- News Magazine No 195: August 23, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- ‘Official rejects reports on murder of Iranian kidnapped border guard’
- ‘Tel Aviv strikes against Gaza as much destructive as six atomic bombs’
- Artillery kills two civilians in Donetsk
- UNSC convenes on Russian aid convoy
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.