According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Lavrov: Russia ready to facilitate search for political settlement of conflicts
- UN Special Rapporteur on Palestine vows to step down
- Australia passes laws cracking down on foreign fighters
- Lebanese troops, militants clash near Syria
- Helping Kobani no justification for foreign interference: Iran
- Bodies of 150 anti-ISIL Iraqi Sunnis found in mass grave
- Seven Ukrainian soldiers killed in country's restive east
- Three killed in Burkina Faso demonstration against president rule
- 1 in 4 children in Britain live in poverty, UNICEF says
- Iran negotiators never overstep red lines in nuclear talks: Velayati
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.