According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Fresh shelling claims 10 lives in Ukraine’s Donetsk
- Death toll from Japan volcano eruption reaches 48
- Two car bombings kill nearly 20 in central Syria
- Iran helping Lebanon to fight terrorism based on intl. law: Diplomat
- Iran seeks win-win nuclear agreement: President Rouhani
- Iran armed forces among most powerful in region: Majlis Speaker
- News Magazine No 265: October 01, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Twin suicide attacks on army buses in Kabul kill 7
- Ex-US Attorney General slams Israel's crimes against Palestinians
- World’s largest wide-body jetliner lands in Iran for 1st time
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.