According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- EU urged to step up bans on Russia
- Drone pilots suffering from low morale
- Sunken ferry relatives slam rescue ops
- S Sudan fights rebels in Unity state
- Next Iran-Sextet talks to be held in NY
- Iran completes diluting stockpile of 20% enriched uranium
- VP: Iran to See Economic Boom This Year
- MP Calls for Iran’s Insistence on UN Envoy Nominee
- Yemen Identifies Abductors of Iranian Diplomat
- 5th Iranian Border Guard May Be Alive in Pakistan
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.