According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Russia, China warn against US missile system deployment in South Korea
- Ex-Oklahoma senator sentenced to 37 months for fraud
- US military turned into family business
- Kerry calls for end to conflicts in Syria and Yemen
- US asks UN Security Council to meet over Iran’s missiles
- Violence erupts as Trump fans clash with protesters in Chicago
- US to send troops to Iraq’s frontlines
- Row over UK tabloid claim that 'Queen backs Brexit'
- Police clash with protesters in Istanbul
- Erdogan threatens top court over freed journalists
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.