According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- News Magazine No 545: August 30, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Over 90 executed in Syria in one month: Report
- Tens of thousands of Japanese protest controversial security bills
- Iranian top legislator: Democracy, peace, sustainable development main agenda of world speakers' meeting
- Deputy FM stresses Iran's readiness to share security experiences with friendly states
- School crisis feared over UK teacher shortage
- Donetsk accuses Ukrainian forces of 15 truce breaches over 24 hours
- Official: ISIL using mustard gas in withdrawal from Anbar University
- Iran photo exhibition pays tribute to legendary wrestler Takhti
- Iranian FM to fly for North Africa tomorrow
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.