According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Russia vows to retaliate against new US, Canadian sanctions
- 185 gunmen turn themselves in to authorities in Syria
- Yemeni president hails Iran's important role in region
- Iran, Syria discuss bilateral ties, regional developments
- UK MP calls for broadening of Tehran-London ties
- News Magazine No 346: December 21, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Egypt opens blockaded Gaza border after 2 months
- US-led battle against ISIL charade: Larijani
- Houthis, tribesmen clash in northern Yemen, 4 killed
- US bans aim to oust Venezuelan pres.: Defense minister
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.