According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- OPEC heading into decisive Vienna meeting
- Gun sales booming after protests in Missouri
- Toyota recalls more cars for dangerous air bags
- 5 killed as suicide bombing targets British embassy vehicle in Kabul
- Local Nigerians form patrols to counter Boko Haram
- Official: Boosting ties with neighbors, top priority for Iran
- Ten arrested during Ferguson decision protest in New York
- East Ukraine banking system cut off by Kiev
- WHO: Reported Ebola cases near 16,000
- Egypt temporarily re-opens crossing to Gaza
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.