According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Terrorists make gains in Syria’s northwestern Idlib Province
- Saudi warplanes target military base east of Yemeni capital
- German commissioner urges Bahraini regime to respect human rights
- 26 detained in Europe over horse meat trafficking
- Jakara issues execution notification for 2 Aussies, Filipino
- Iran backs pipeline to China under ‘One Belt, One Road’ initiative
- French construction firm uses forced labor in Qatar: NGO
- India to sign deal with Iran on Chabahar port project soon
- Iran, Oman sign deal to create new shipping line
- About 42% of graduates unemployed: Parliament Speaker
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.