According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Suicides up 26% in economic crisis-hit Greece
- Attacks kill policemen in Afghanistan
- ‘Syrian nation cleanses country from terrorists’
- ‘Syria conf. aimed at political solution’
- Electoral ethics confab held in Tehran
- Multiple bombings kill five in Iraq
- DC protest urge action on foreclosures
- Economy Min. stresses Iran progress in technical field
- 'Anti-Iran sanctions, manifestation of discriminatory approaches'
- Iran declares candidates list on May 22
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.