According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Saudi activists set to defy no-women driving law
- UN chief spotlights obligation to end Ebola epidemic
- Ukrainian voters to go to polls on Sunday
- 16 killed in Chinese coalmine collapse
- Iran eyes 32mb oil storage
- French ex-premier: Iran's interests should be safeguarded in talks
- Bahrain elections have no value: Shia cleric
- Jordan inerested in expansion of economic ties with Iran
- US to blame if nuclear talks fail to bear fruit: Iran MP
- Iraqi Kurds to send forces to Kobani next week
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.