According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- News Magazine No 497: May 24, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Anger simmering in oil-rich Eastern Province after ISIL terrorist attack
- Senior MP: Iranian FM, speaker pessimistic about endorsement of possible nuclear deal by US Congress
- Commander: Iranian ground force mulling reinforcement in anticipation of rising threats
- ‘Iran, powers discussing removal of economic sanctions’
- Iranian MP calls for strengthening ties with Poland
- Commander: Iran enjoys needed capability to establish security in Strait of Hormuz
- ISIL kills 400 civilians in central Palmyra: Syria TV
- Iran pursuing removal of sanctions through diplomacy: Rouhani
- 14 injured in 8 bombings in Iraq’s Diyala
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.