According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- South Korea closes joint industrial park with North
- NATO eastward build-up alarms potential aggressors: Stoltenberg
- Turkey buffer zone plan for Syria violates intl. law: Russia
- Zionist regime troops martyrs Palestinian youth in WB
- Military plane crash kills five in Myanmar
- Three civilians killed in eastern Ukraine landmine blast
- Japan refiners, banks resume Iran trade
- Terrorists demand extortion money from Iraqis willing to leave Fallujah
- Woman bombers kill six in northern Cameroon
- French FM says to leave office
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.