According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Ukraine army prepares to pull back artillery from east
- Striking pilots reject Air France last-ditch attempt
- Sierra Leone finds 150 new cases of Ebola
- Iraqi premier rejects foreign ground troops in Iraq
- ISIL kills 300 Iraqi troops with chlorine gas: MPs
- New clashes erupt at Syria-Turkey border
- Iran oil reserves to last 60 years: Oil Ministry official
- Iran welcomes deal between Yemeni government, Houthi fighters
- Kurdish fighters halt ISIL advance in northern Syria
- Iran will never give up peaceful nuclear rights: President Rouhani
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.