According to IRIB, in his message the Leader considered the departure from the mortal world of the erudite Grand Ayatollah a great loss for religious seminaries and the society of ulema.
He will attend the funeral procession tomorrow on Thursday coinciding with the Arba’een or the 40th day of martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA).
The heads of the three branches of the government, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani sent separate condolence messages and prayed for the exaltation of the soul of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani, who as an outstanding jurisprudence, was a source of emulation.
- Saudi appeal court upholds Sheikh Nimr’s death sentence
- Saudi Arabia, South Korea ink nuclear power deal
- Norwegian airline grounds all flights in Scandinavia
- Over 480 tons of narcotics seized by police in Iran in 11 months
- Mexico captures notorious leader of Zetas drug gang
- Iraq to liberate ISIL-seized Mosul without foreign help
- Ten migrant dead as boat sinks off Italian coast
- Pakistan university on alert over ISIL threat
- IAEA team due in Tehran for technical talks
- ‘West must choose between N-deal or continued Iran sanctions’
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:18
Leader, senior officials, offer condolences over departure of Grand Ayatollah Tehrani
Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, offered his condolences to the bereaved family and seminary schools over the passing away of Grand Ayatollah Mojtaba Tehrani.