According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Iran will firmly stand by Palestinians: Leader
- Iran will proceed with logical nuclear talks: Larijani
- Surprise attack claims 13 lives in South Sudan
- Shelling traps hundreds of miners in east Ukraine
- Gunmen kill five Yemeni soldiers in Abyan
- News Magazine No 382: January 26, 2015 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Ebola to have 'marginal impact' on African economy: UN
- Uganda rebel leader appears before war crimes court
- Greece's Syriza party to form coalition govt. with nationalist ANEL
- Moscow to promote contacts between Kiev, pro-Russians: Lavrov
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.