According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Bomb kills at least 50 at volleyball event in Afghanistan
- Iran ranks fourth in Asian Beach Games
- ‘Iran seeking win-win solution to N. standoff’
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan quake
- Iraqi choppers pound ISIL positions in Salahuddin
- Bomb attack kills 7, injures 16 near Iraq capital
- Afghan forces kill 30 Taliban militants across country
- Assad: Routing terrorism demands serious efforts, not grandstanding
- Iran MP calls on US to quit excessive demands in N. deal
- ‘West must accept Iran’s logical, legitimate demands’
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.