According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Egypt court sentences 78 minors to prison
- Talks on Iran nuclear issue showed US not trustworthy: MP
- NATO not working on 'no-fly zone' in Syria
- Tribesmen blow up main oil pipeline in central Yemen
- 1.2 million Afghan children severely malnourished: UN
- About 24 died in Burkina Faso uprising in late October
- 6.8-magnitude quake in eastern Indonesia, no tsunami warning
- UN opens Ebola office in Mali as two new cases emerge
- About 8k Afghan civilian casualties reported in US-led war in 2014: UN
- News Magazine No 321: November 26, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.