According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Leader: The treatment of African Americans by US police is oppressive
- Iran’s nuclear delegation leaves Tehran for New York
- Iran’s nuclear team heads to New York
- Filipino protesters demand US forces withdrawal
- Mortar attack kills 5 members of Afghan family
- Egypt's Sinai clashes kill 3 as Sisi extends curfew
- EU official urges end to South Sudan war
- Spanish activists stage anti-NATO march in Madrid
- Greece may hold new vote on economic policies: Minister
- UK’s Royal Navy seizes 2 tons of cocaine from North Sea boat
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.