According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Ayatullah Sistani urges Iraq govt. to help Sunni tribes against ISIL
- Bahrain courts issue 3,500 years of jail terms in 3 months
- Gazans protest against Israel’s closure of al-Aqsa Mosque
- Clashes in eastern Ukraine kill one civilian
- News Magazine No 295: October 31, 2014 - Subcontinent, 15:23 UTC, 16:23 UTC
- Al-Wefaq slams Bahrain for violating Shia Muslims’ rights
- Mideast extremism rooted in foreign meddling: Iran
- Japan shares shoot up to 7-year-high amid monetary reforms
- Tehran’s Friday prayer sermons
- Yemenis protest Israeli aggressions against Palestinians
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.