According to IRIB, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a phone conversation with Ms. Sheikh Hasina Wajed took note of the issues approved at the recently held 16th NAM Summit in Tehran on Tuesday and emphasized preliminary efforts to prepare the ground for the implementation of agreed issues.
The Iranian president proposed that a consultative session be set up on the sidelines of the upcoming UN General Assembly in New York in which the NAM member states exchange views in this regard.
Ms. Sheikh Hasina, for her part, appreciated successful holding of the 16th NAM Summit in Tehran and stressed executive structure within the framework of NAM.
The Iranian and Bangladeshi officials also reviewed the latest regional and international issues of mutual concern.
- Greeks burn US, Turkish flags to protest jet downing
- One killed in ISIL attack on Shia mosque in Bangladesh
- Terrorism high on agenda of Commonwealth heads of govt. meeting in Malta
- Tens of thousands of Nepalese students protest in Kathmandu
- Afghan President Ghani sacks security officials over fall of Kunduz
- 200 migrants try to break through Greece-Macedonia border, clash with police
- Two suspects linked to Bamako hotel attack arrested in Mali
- Body of missing Iranian diplomat in Mina returns home
- Amnesty International, ALDE call on Riyadh to call off planned executions
- Iraqi forces cut ISIL supply route to Ramadi
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 11:07
Ahmadinejad, Hasina stress executive department for NAM
Iranian President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh have emphasized due preparations to implement the articles approved by the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) within the framework of finding solutions to regional and international issues.