This Website is discontinued. We changed to Parstoday English
Thursday, 03 September 2015 14:20

Iran raps Kuwaiti media reports

Iran raps Kuwaiti media reports

The Iranian Embassy in Kuwait, in a Thursday statement, slammed the Arab country's media outlets for reports on relationship between Tehran and a group of individuals who have recently been detained by Kuwait's judicial authorities on charges of spying for Iran and Hezbollah.

 

The Iranian embassy complained that the report has been published in the Kuwaiti media before any official announcement and contact with Iranian bodies.

The embassy voiced discontent in the continuation of systematic negative propaganda of the Kuwaiti media against bilateral relations, and called all the accusations baseless, reminding that none of them have been proved in official Kuwaiti sources.

A Kuwaiti prosecutor issued a statement on Tuesday, claiming that 24 members of a group arrested last month with a large cache of weapons and explosives have been in contact with Tehran and the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance group.

In response, Iran's Charge de' Affairs in Kuwait Hassan Zarnegar Abarqouyee dismissed the claims in an interview with al-Ra'y newspaper, and said, "I emphasize that the detained individuals have never had any relations with Iran."

Last month, certain Arab media outlets had claimed that Kuwaiti authorities had seized a huge arms cache smuggled from Iraq and hidden beneath houses near the border, arresting three suspected members of a militant cell that was plotting to destabilize the country.

"The three men arrested were the owners of the houses," they said, alleging that the arrested people were linked to Iran.

The claims were also dismissed by the Iranian officials.
EA

Add comment


Security code
Refresh