- Iranian president: Tehran-Ankara close ties contribute to regional security
- 59 suspected militants arrested in Kabul
- Yemen’s parliament approves new cabinet
- Saudi oil output reduction not possible: Oil minister
- Israeli naval forces open fire at Gaza fishermen
- Putin says final deal on Iran nuclear issue ‘very close’
- EU approves new sanctions against Crimea
- Violent clashes claim 28 lives in CAR
- Boko Haram abducts 185, kills 33 in Nigeria village
- Palestinian UN draft against Israel act of war: Intelligence mininster
Earlier, at least 25 people, including journalists and screen writers, as well as some former police chiefs, were detained in Turkey in nationwide police raids seeking to arrest 32 suspects.
Without providing any justification, the Australian government seized on an isolated incident involving a deeply disturbed individual in the Sydney central business district to activate the entire “counter-terrorism” apparatus and impose a state of siege in the center of the country’s largest city—with tragic consequences.
More than 70 Palestinian inmates in Israeli prisons have continued a hunger strike for a seventh day to demand an end to Tel Aviv’s solitary confinement policy.
The Iranian nuclear negotiating team, headed by Deputy Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi, left for Geneva on Monday to attend the new round of nuclear talks with the group of six countries. The two parties are due to hold a session at the deputy foreign ministerial level on Wednesday, December …
The grisly details of CIA torture have finally been at least partly aired through the release this Tuesday, 9 December of the executive summary to a landmark Senate intelligence committee report. The extent of the torture has been covered extensively across the media, and is horrifying. But much of the …
Alborz Province covers an area of 5833 square kilometers and is situated west of the city of Tehran, at the southern corner of Alborz Mountain Range. This province officially took shape in the year 2010 upon the approval of Iranian lawmakers; and the city of Karaj was named as the …
A war is being fought for control over Western Kurdistan and the northern areas of Syria, including three de facto Kurdish enclaves there. The fighting in Western Kurdistan is a means to an end and not a goal in itself. The objectives of gaining control over Syrian Kurdistan and northern …